Thursday, June 20

For The Love Of Austen!


Like most romantics I love Jane Austen. My introduction to her was the Pride and Prejudice series in 1995 by BBC with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. Then I went and read the book right away and loved it. In my 20s I found Persuasion and loved the book but it wasn't until BBC remade it in 2007 that I loved the movie. My favorite book and movie by Jane Austen is Persuasion and then Pride and Prejudice. Sorry Jane Austen but I find Sense and Sensibility hard to read but I love the Ang Lee version (ironically also released in 1995) There is a couple of her books that I haven't read yet but they are on my giant reading list on Goodreads. I have read the Marvel comics and loved the story's (of course) but the art is also great. I'm not so crazy that I like everything Jane Austen like the many rewrites and modernizing of her story's. I've given a couple of them a try but it was all kinds of wrong.



You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. -Captain Wentworth

 In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. -Mr.Darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment